"Yea, I come quickly.
Amen; come, Lord Jesus."
According to the Strong's Complete Dictionary of Bible Words,
the Greek word harpazo, translated rapturo in Latin and rapture in English, means "to seize, catch away, catch up, pluck, pull, or take (by force)".
This word harpazo is translated caught up in 1 Thessalonians 4:17.
In the next verse (18), the apostle Paul writes, "So encourage one another with these words." Below are a few verses of encouragement concerning our blessed, living hope.
- "But when these things begin to come to pass, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws nigh." Luke 21:28.
- "In my Father's house there are many abodes; were it not so, I had told you: for I go to prepare you a place;
and if I go and shall prepare you a place, I am coming again and shall receive you to myself, that where I am ye also may be." John 14:2-3.
- "And not only that, but even we ourselves, who have the first-fruits of the Spirit, we also ourselves groan in ourselves, awaiting adoption, that is the redemption of our body." Romans 8:23.
- "Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all fall asleep, but we shall all be changed, in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet;
for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
For this corruptible must needs put on incorruptibility, and this mortal put on immortality." 1 Corinthians 15:51-53.
- "For this we say to you in the word of the Lord, that we, the living, who remain to the coming of the Lord, are in no way to anticipate those who have fallen asleep;
for the Lord himself, with an assembling shout, with archangel's voice and with trump of God, shall descend from heaven; and the dead in Christ shall rise first;
then we, the living who remain, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we shall be always with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17.
- "For I am already being poured out, and the time of my release is come. I have combated the good combat, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Henceforth the crown of righteousness is laid up for me, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will render to me in that day;
but not only to me, but also to all who love his appearing." 2 Timothy 4:6-8.
- "For the grace of God which carries with it salvation for all men has appeared,
teaching us that, having denied impiety and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, and justly, and piously in the present course of things,
awaiting the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ;
who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all lawlessness, and purify to himself a peculiar people, zealous for good works." Titus 2:11-14.
- "And forasmuch as it is the portion of men once to die, and after this judgment;
thus the Christ also, having been once offered to bear the sins of many, shall appear to those that look for him the second time without sin for salvation." Hebrews 9:27-28.
- "Cast not away therefore your confidence, which has great recompense.
For ye have need of endurance in order that, having done the will of God, ye may receive the promise.
For yet a very little while he that comes will come, and will not delay." Hebrews 10:35-37.
- "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who, according to his great mercy, has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from among the dead,
to an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance, reserved in the heavens for you,
who are kept guarded by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." 1 Peter 1:3-5.
- "But let not this one thing be hidden from you, beloved, that one day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
The Lord does not delay his promise, as some account of delay, but is longsuffering towards you, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:8-9.
- "Beloved, now are we children of God, and what we shall be has not yet been manifested; we know that if it is manifested we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
And every one that has this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure." 1 John 3:2-3.
- "He that testifies these things says, 'Yea, I come quickly'. Amen; come, Lord Jesus. Revelation 22:20.
Come, Lord Jesus